If you type into Google: here’s some of what you get back:
- the solidarity of women based on shared conditions, experiences, or concerns
- a community or society of sisters; especially : a society of women in a religious order
- congenial relationship or companionship among women; mutual female esteem, concern, support, etc.
- a strong feeling of friendship and support among women who are involved in action to improve women’s rights
The Sisterhood of Temple Sinai does indeed meet the definitions. We are Jewish women, caring about each other, caring about the world around us, and trying to mend that which is in need in our temple world and in the greater world around us all. But while we are blessed with many good friendships through our Sisterhood, we are aware that there are many Temple women with whom we have not yet connected. If you are one of them, we hold out our hands and invite you to join us.
On Sunday morning, December 8, we will sponsor a Social and Snowsuit Swap in the multipurpose room. We are inviting all women of Temple Sinai, whether you are a Sisterhood member or not, to come in and schmooze. If you have something to swap, bring it along. (See information below on the Snowsuit Swap.) If you don’t have something to swap, come anyway, and enjoy the company. Park the car and come on in!
Later this year there will be other Sisterhood events.
- We are planning is to meet up with the Sisterhood of B’nai Tikvah Shalom just before Purim and bake hamantaschen together.
- We will get together with the women of Congregation Beth Israel to enjoy dinner together and then do a social action project.
- There will be a dinner meeting with a speaker in March.
- In April Sisterhood will again present a Shabbat dinner. Last year’s cooking crew became this year’s friends.
- The Rummage Sale is always looking for volunteers.
We are looking into planning other events as well, both in the evenings and on Sunday mornings. As a Sisterhood we do a lot of work together for the Temple, but we also get to know each other and so the friendships start. Come, join us. You can email Sisterhood at email@example.com, or click here , for information about joining; or just mail a check for $30 to Sisterhood of Temple Sinai , 41 West Hartford Road, Newington, CT 06111.
We really hope to see you at a Sisterhood event!
Park the car and come on in! The next event Sisterhood is sponsoring is a Sunday Morning Social and Snowsuit Swap on December 8. Sisterhood is inviting mothers (and others) of Religious School children to spend Sunday morning in the Multipurpose Room while your kids are in class. Remember how fast your children grew this summer? Come to our snowsuit swap with their outgrown winter snowsuits, winter coats, hats, gloves, mittens, etc. Bring along the boots, the ice skates, the unused snowshoes. This is a swap meet, so you can take home the same number of items you bring in. And it’s all free!
If you don’t have something to swap, please come anyway, and take advantage of this opportunity to meet other parents, to meet some of the present Sisterhood members, and to just relax with a cup of coffee and a friend. One of our goals for Sisterhood is to create a place in Temple Sinai where women of the temple can get to know each other. So on Sunday morning, December 8, take some time to come in, sit down and visit with friends. We’ll provide the refreshments — you provide the company.