It feels like only yesterday that I was wishing everyone a good summer; suddenly the new school year is upon us. As we all get into our “back to school” routine, I have some reminders for our school families:
- Our Religious School will open on Sunday, Sept. 7 at 9:00 a.m., Rabbi Bennett & Cantor Gordon will lead the Tefillah service from the Sanctuary at 9:00 a.m. to welcome everyone back.
- All Sunday classes are from 9:00–11:30 a.m., beginning Sept. 14.
- The Sunday Tefillah service at 11:00 a.m. will close the morning.
- On opening day, class rosters will be posted on an easel in the lobby to direct student to their rooms.
- Dismissal every Sunday is from the back doors at the parking lot, where parent volunteers ensure the safety of our children.
- On Sunday, October 5, all parents are invited to a meeting where I will discuss the curriculum and school policies, and answer questions. Parents will have the opportunity to visit the classrooms and meet the teachers. Please gather in the Multi-purpose Room at 9:00 a.m. to schmooze and socialize. The forrnal part of the meeting will begin at 9:30 a.m.
I look forward to another year of enrichment and enthusiasm for both learning and teaching, and can’t wait to see the classrooms filled with students learning, singing, and laughing together. Please call me with any suggestions or concems as they arise during the school year. Please do not wait until the end of the year to express concerns, when it’s too late to address problems. Your children’s best interests are most important, and I do appreciate your input to ensure that both learning and appropriate behavior are practiced in our school.
If you have a child with special needs, please let me know so we can work together for a great learning experience.
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, Sept. 7. I wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year.
L’hitraot (see you soon)