It’s all about the Conclavette!
This November 14-16, Temple Sinai will welcome about 300 Jewish teens from across the NFTY Northeast Region for a weekend of prayer, programs, and fun at NFTY Northeast’s Fall Conclavette! We are counting on the Temple Sinai community to come together to help with housing, food, transportation, and logistics. This is an amazing opportunify to be a part of something really incredible. You do not need to have a child in the youth group to be of part of this event! If you want to know how you can help out, please contact Temple Sinai’s Youth Director, Mitzi Young . To sign up to volunteer, visit: https://urjyouth.wufoo.com/forms/conclavette-volunteer-information/
Interesting Facts about the Youth Conclavette:
- What is a Conclavette? This is a weekend open to all members of NFTY-NE for programming, social activities, Shabbat services, and learning experiences.
- What Happens at a Conclavette? Teens arrive at 5:00 p.m for dinner and Shabbat services. They go to their host homes at the end of the evening. On Saturday, they retum to the Temple for Shabbat service, lunch, and afternoon activities. They return late aftemoon to their host homes, and come back for Havdallah and a Saturday evening dance. On Sunday, they return to the temple for breakfast and closing thoughts.
- How Volunteers Can Help:
- Serve as a host home for a minimum of 3 teens for the weekend
- Volunteer at the temple
- Set up for Friday evening’s dinner
- Set up for Saturday’s lunch
- Set up for Sunday’s breakfast
- Be a driver to and from host homes.
- What does being a “Host Ilome” entail?
- Provide space for teens to layout their sleeping bags and belongings
- Access to a bathroom/shower to use for the weekend
- Provide breakfast on Saturday morning and dinner on Saturday evening
- Provide transportation for those you house to and from the Temple
- If you are housing more teens than space in your vehicle, we will arrange for transportation help
- You would need to be home when teens are in your house.